Thursday, October 04, 2007

Calling all Thomists ...

Two things of interest to the Aquinas fan in your life. One I am simultaneously delighted and bitter about. Preserving Christian Publications (whom Fr Z seems to like a little) have the incomparable Aquinas Lexicon (by Deferrari and Barry) for $70! When I got mine, six months ago, I paid almost $100. But then after it got translated into Monopoly Money, it wasn't so bad. Anyway for those living in Euro or Sterling land, this is a bargain not to be missed.

Also if you're around Maynooth, Co Kildare in three weeks time, specifically on the 25th of October (that's a Thursday) at 7.00pm the Cairde Thomáis Naofa are having a seminar in Renehan Hall, St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth.

It opens with Gaven Kerr, Queen’s University, Belfast on The Limitation of Infinite Esse and the Self-Revelation of Being. (Gaven is an old friend, and a very good philosopher indeed.) At 8.00 p.m. then Professor Enrique Martinez, University of Navarre, Spain is going to talk about "Thomas Aquinas and the Incommunicability of Personal Being: A Consideration of Some Personalist Criticisms".

Well worth going, if you're at all philosophically minded.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could go to the talks. The second one sounds especially good to me. I expect Leah to give a full report about the talks on her blog :) .

-Bonaventure

(BTW, I don't have a blogger account, so I had to use the DCF mods email to write my comment)