I've been tagged and, no surprise at all, it was that lady again! (By the way, anyone who feels like supporting her sponsored abseil down the side of a high building in Belfast can do so here. It's in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care, which doubtless can use all the help it can get!)
Anyway, now that I am back from Chartres here is what she asked for.
My ten favourite movies (in no particular order):
1. To Kill a Mockingbird (Gregory Peck at his finest!)
2. The Browning Version (the Michael Redgrave version, emphatically not the one with Albert Finney)
3. Dirty Harry (hey I'm a bloke, it's allowed!)
4. Charade (Carey Grant being harassed by Audrey Hepburn, classic!)
5. Persuasion (Ciarán Hinds taking an hour and a half to realise that Amanda Root was just what the doctor ordered all along.)
6. The Dead Poet's Society (I used to wish I had an English teacher like that.)
7. Any of Christopher Lee's three Fu Manchu films from the late 1960s (If only to spot all the Irish locations ... )
8. The Wicker Man (For anyone who thinks that a revival of paganism would be a good thing, this is well worth seeing.)
9. Down Periscope
Let's Kick this Pig!
10. The Night Mail (let's face it when Britten wrote the score and W. H. Auden wrote a poem especially for it, it's got to be a little bit special.)
21 words to describe me: Hmm ... I'll have to give that one a little thought ...
OK I've thought, so here goes:
Traditional Catholic, realist philosopher, bibliophile, francophile, oenophile, technophobe, teacher, pedant, hopeful pessimist, acolyte, first responder, martinet, volunteer, mensch (I hope), patriotic, eurosceptic, curious, (somebody's) boyfriend!