Saturday, August 07, 2010

Fr Barron & Word on Fire

One of the best contemporary apologists for the Catholic Faith is Fr Robert Barron and his brief episodes on youtube (or better still on Aggie Catholics the superlative site for the Newman Center at Texas A&M) are a model of faithful reason. I have of course a gripe; you knew there was a "but" didn't you? Fr Barron came to Ireland recently and filmed some stuff on Catholicism and never told us!! I mean not us, as in me and my family but us Irish Catholics in general. We'll just have to enjoy the program when it comes out I guess. In the meantime, here is the episode wherein he mentions the Irish Serf and its vicious anti-Catholicism - but given that its character was defined by the Bean King, what else could we expect?

1 comment:

Mrs. O'Riordan said...

I knew he was coming to Ireland. I think he said it on his facebook page and I said I'd put kettle on but he didn't accept my lovely cup of tea. Looking forward to seeing his Catholicism Project. - Nice blog! - Blessings - Rene